Earn the industry’s only credential that attests to your knowledge of portable 3D Metrology. Apply to become a Certified Portable Metrologist today! Demonstrate your portable metrology expertise with the industry standard CMS/ASPRS Certification.
Reasons to get Certified
The CMS/ASPRS Certification Program is industry-recognized, and an asset to your portable metrology career which provides benefits to both yourself and your employer. Becoming a Certified Portable 3D Metrologist gives a standardized validation of your knowledge and skills, which often leads to increased productivity, credibility and professional development. Benefits include:
- Increased Job Retention and Mobility
- Industry and Peer Recognition of your Skill Set
- Improved Performance and Added Value for your Employer
- Shows Expertise and Leadership in your Field
Managers – Reasons to Certify Your Employees
Ensure your employees have the skills needed to deliver maximum productivity, reduce the risk of measurement errors and minimize long-term maintenance costs through proper device-handling procedures. At the same time, certification demonstrates to employees that the company is willing to invest in their professional success. Benefits include:
- Greater Competitive Advantage
- Adoption of Uniform Practices
- Increased Staff Retention
- Team-building and Development
Fill out the form below to start the application process. A BuildIT representative will assist you in assembling the required documents and submitting them to the Coordinate Metrology Society for processing.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
The CMS/ASPRS Certification Program is based primarily on evidence of demonstrated professional capability. Within prescribed limitations it does permit experience to be substituted for education, and vice versa, and it also requires a written examination. Please check out the requirements below.
A professional who uses portable 3D metrology technology to collect measurements and interpret data from a variety of contact and non-contact portable 3D measurement devices. The Portable 3D Metrologist is responsible for all phases of data collection and other mensuration requirements, which include planning and supervising survey activities requirements and interpretation.
- Two years of experience in portable 3D metrology, one year of which was in a position of professional responsibility demonstrating professional knowledge and competence.
- References from three persons who are holding, or who have held, responsible positions in portable 3D metrology and have first-hand knowledge of the applicant’s professional and personal qualifications.
- Declaration of compliance with the Code of Ethics of the CMS.
- Successful completion of a written examination.