BuildIT’s core functionality is precision measurement. Our point-based measurement system allows the capture of coordinate data from various sources, and can be used for measurement without CAD in order to record/ construct shapes.
One of the many challenges of the manufacturing quality process is to efficiently consolidate measurement data. Measuring parts for inspection or alignment often requires the use of multiple portable CMMs. BuildIT overcomes this challenge by offering a unified platform for synchronizing workflow and data capture when working with multiple devices such as trackers, portable arms, scanners or photogrammetry systems, from a variety of manufacturers.
- Measurement and layout of large structures in heavy vehicles and shipbuilding
- First article inspection
- In-line inspection
- Inspection of dish surfaces
- Inspection of machine parts
- Large volume inspection, station moves and bundling multiple devices
- Pre-production verification of tools (molds, dies, jigs)
- Quality control/Part Inspection
- Surface Analysis
- Damage documentation
BuildIT is often used for alignment applications in the mill industries, amongst other things. When paired along with laser trackers, our software has optimized workflows for alignment work, including multiple device support, station moves and network bundling.
Our network bundling feature allows you to combine and compare the measurements of multiple devices, or one device used from multiple locations when performing station moves. As with the Assembly applications, the real-time deviations and build arrows give direct graphical placement feedback to enable accurate alignment. For repetitive workflows, our Automation features help by prompting the user for the next step, as well as quickly performing any setup tasks automatically.
This workflow is used in:
- Alignment of rolls, foils, shoe presses and vacuum boxes in paper/steel mills
- Assembly applications
- Machine or equipment installation, positioning of equipment, collision detection, re-builds and alignment;
- Machine tool alignment, roller and press alignment, jig and fixture alignment or CMM alignment
- On-machine alignment
- Positioning and alignment of elements during construction, or as part of maintenance and repairs
BuildIT can be used for Measurement Assisted Assembly, in which our software, combined with a portable CMM, is used to guide details into the appropriate places, all while continuously evaluating the tolerances.
The use of build arrows gives a guided means of placing and evaluating parts in real-time, with fit results and feedback being calculated constantly. This ensures that parts are assembled to specification, without the need to analyze and adjust once the parts are together.
The entire process becomes one smooth workflow which eliminates re-work due to the real-time feedback. This can be enhanced with our automated process builder, which allows for the standardization of repetitive workflows through a series of prompts, looping commands and variable support.
- Aircraft wing and fuselage assembly and alignment
- Measurement assisted installation of parts and components during construction
- Measurement assisted assembly