Design engineering must define product fit, form and function without placing undue burden on your production costs. Because the links between engineering and production teams span several domains, quality information is not easily shared, management processes are disconnected and multiple tools are needed to reach end results. Without the ability to share and leverage this information you are likely to accumulate excessive tooling and metrology costs while reducing the productivity of many people in many areas.
Dimensional Planning and Validation (DPV) bridges the gap between product design and production by providing the only dimensional quality management solution which captures real-world inspection results and links them to a fully associative lifecycle data model. As a result, you can extend your quality process across your entire enterprise and supply chain, allowing you to design anywhere, build anywhere and sell anywhere with confidence.
DPV can import your BuildIT data for maximum compatibility for Statistical Process Control (SPC). The ability to perform a statistical analysis of the manufacturing process complements BuildIT’s core offering by expanding the use of the analysis data into control charts to reduce waste and increase product conformity.
By increasing the visibility of as-built quality information, DPV plays a major role in improving quality while reducing the overall cost of quality.
Key Capabilities and Benefits
- Enterprise visibility to quality information
- Closed-loop quality planning and traceability
- In-depth analysis of as-built quality data
- Capture virtually any information from virtually any device
- Full association to product, process, resource and plant information
- Historical reporting handles large amounts of collected information
- Relate quality trends directly to production processes
- Statistical analysis tied to 3D geometry
- Web-based collaboration
- Reduce cost to achieve quality targets
- Decrease factory downtime and time-to-market
- Increase end product quality
- Boost productivity
- Identify quality trends before they impact delivery
- Reduce rework and repairs by finding root cause more quickly